Sunday, August 10, 2008

Web 2.0 RSS Feeds

After reading articles on this subject and talking to my husband , who has feeds at work, this is a great idea. It would be great to have feeds for your favorite (or necessary ) topics. However, if your power goes out you can't access them, where you could still read a hard copy of LJ. I prefer to read the hard copy before most things on a computer. Yes I'm a stodgy Dinosaur but I also don't read books on line. I prefer to be comfortable, which a seat at a computer isn't.

I can see the patrons and staff using feed to outlets they consider important: news, Sports Illustrated swim suit edition, college information, legislative information, information that would affect how libraries are run ,etc.

1 comment:

A. L. said...

As regards your reading-paper-versus-online, you might try the book, The Myth of the Paperless Office. It has some very interesting theories about hardcopy vs online... (Yep, I had to read it for library school. Go figure.)